Mi Maestra de Inglés offers Spanish-speaking people the video service to learn the English language, together with the service of the corresponding practice books, online, offering users the opportunity to select from several videos (“Videos”) and their corresponding practice books (“Books”) (collectively, the “Content”). Our video service, and our practice book service, both the Content services, are collectively referred to as the “Services.” The Services are available on the website mimaestradeingles.com (“Mi Maestra de Inglés”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Mi Maestra de Inglés may collect the following information from you or about you, including your personal information, from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information that you provide to us. For example, when you become a member of Mi Maestra de Inglés, we may collect identifiers and personal information, including your name, email address, credit card or other payment method, address, zip code, characteristics of you such as your age ( date of birth) and gender, and other information. Additionally, Mi Maestra de Inglés may collect similar information that you provide to us when you communicate with Mi Maestra de Inglés through the “Centro de ayuda” (Help Center) or other means.
- Usage, technical, and log data: We collect information when you use Mi Maestra de Inglés Services or interact with Mi Maestra de Inglés, including when you see advertisements for Mi Maestra de Inglés outside of Mi Maestra de Inglés Services. We may collect information from and about the browser or device you are using and information about your activity on the Internet, including through analysis tools and technologies described below in the “Cookies” section. This information may include your IP address, device type, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), details of your actual geographic location, referring URL, network status, device identifiers or other unique identifiers and identifiers. associated with browser cookies using technologies described below in the “Cookies” section. We also collect information about your activity on the Mi Maestra de Inglés Services, including information about the content you see on Mi Maestra de Inglés, such as Video titles and Book titles, and pages you have viewed on Mi Maestra de Inglés.
- Page access monitors, and pixel tags: In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as page access monitors, and pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser or device, check if you have viewed a web page, advertisement or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date you viewed the Content, the IP address of your computer and the URL of the web page from which the Content was viewed.
- Information from partners and other sources: We collect information from companies through which you may access or interact with Mi Maestra de Inglés Services or through which you pay for Mi Maestra de Inglés Services. The information we collect from these partners may include email addresses and other identifiers that support authentication, activation, and personalization of the Mi Maestra de Inglés Services, as well as payment processing and other billing-related matters. We may also collect information about you from other sources, including service providers (for example, data licensors, research and analytics companies, and payment processors).
USE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from or about you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with Mi Maestra de Inglés Services;
- contact you and communicate with you, including for you to receive updates and notifications;
- personalize the Content and advertising you see and evaluate the performance of the Content and advertising;
- operate and optimize the Services of Mi Maestra de Inglés, through analysis and research;
- collect aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- detect security incidents, prevent potentially fraudulent, illegal or harmful activities and enforce our “Terms of services” agreement and other policies;
- protect your rights and ours and comply with legal obligations;
- other uses in accordance with our “Terms of services” agreement; and
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
Use of payment Information: We use payment information, such as credit card numbers and billing zip code, to help provide the Mi Maestra de Inglés Services. For example, we use payment information to process a member’s payments (we use a third-party payment processor to process payments), to retrieve a member’s account information, and to detect abuse of Mi Maestra de Inglés Services.
Use of accurate location data: To access certain Mi Maestra de Inglés Services from your computer or mobile device, you may need to share your device’s precise location data with Mi Maestra de Inglés (for example, latitude and longitude), in order to provide you with certain Services from Mi Maestra de Inglés.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH OTHERS
We may share information collected from you or about you with others, for the purposes described below:
- Partners: We work with business partners who help us deliver Mi Maestra de Inglés Services, including, for example, our Content developers and Mi Maestra de Inglés owners. We may share information collected from or about you with such business partners, including email address, display information, and device or membership account information (for example, age, gender, device type, IP address, zip code, advertising identifiers). This information may be shared for different purposes depending on the partner, including for reporting and analysis, activation, management, improvement, and personalization of your experience with Mi Maestra de Inglés or said partner.
- Service providers: We may share information collected from you or about you with companies that provide services to us, including companies that help us with payment processing, data analysis, processing and management, account management, hosting service of internet, technical and customer support, marketing, measurement and other services. The categories of information we share with service providers will vary depending on the types of services they provide. For example, we share payment information with our third party payment processor to assist us in the billing process.
- Audience measurement providers: Our business partners, such as Content developers, seek to measure the performance of their creative material on internet platforms, including Mi Maestra de Inglés Services.
- Third parties: In some cases, we may disclose information from you or about you without giving you a choice. For example, we may disclose your information to protect the legal rights of Mi Maestra de Inglés and our partners, to protect the safety of users of Mi Maestra de Inglés Services or third parties, to enforce our “Terms of services” agreement, to protect against fraud, and to comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
SECURITY AND ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT
We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard the information in our possession against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to confidential information from or about you to those employees, agents, and contractors of Mi Maestra de Inglés who have a legitimate business reason for accessing such information.
Despite these efforts, please be aware that there is always the possibility of a breach in the transmission or storage of data and we cannot guarantee the security of information from you or about you 100% of the time. See the U.S. Federal Trade Commission website for information on how to protect yourself against identity theft.
LAW THAT APPLIES
Mi Maestra de Inglés is based in the United States of America and Mi Maestra de Inglés Services are intended for users inside and outside the United States of America. By viewing any Content or using the Services of Mi Maestra de Inglés, you agree to the transfer of information to the United States of America to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage and processing of information under the laws of the United States of America.
Communication preferences: Any information related to your membership (for example, payment authorizations, invoices, changes to password or payment method, confirmation messages, notices) will be sent to you only electronically, for example, through emails to your email address provided when purchasing your membership.
QUESTIONS/HOW TO CONTACT US
Mi Maestra de Inglés
13104 Philadelphia St Ste 212
Whittier CA 90601-6308
Thank you for being part of the Mi Maestra de Inglés family.
DATE OF THE LAST UPDATE: February 18, 2021.